Volunteer Code of Conduct
To make this event enjoyable for all involved and pleasing to God, we ask you to abide by the following guidelines:
Smoking is not allowed on the Festival grounds. The use of alcohol or illegal drugs is strictly prohibited the use of any profanity or abusive language is not acceptable. Gossip is highly discouraged. When possible, we should not be in a situation of meeting or ministering alone with the opposite sex. Obviously, there are situations where this cannot be avoided; this is a word of caution to be very careful. The modest/appropriate dress is expected always. No weapons or private fireworks are allowed on site. Light the Way reserves the right to ask any party with unacceptable behavior to leave the premises. No video or audio taping of artists without prior written approval. No distribution of literature of any kind without prior written approval. No misuse of backstage access by any volunteer, please comply with all festival backstage rules. All volunteers represent Light the Way and first and foremost are servants of the Lord. If prayer is needed for an attendee, please direct them to the Prayer Tent or a Prayer Team member in a Prayer Team shirt.
For any further questions regarding prayer, please direct them to Prayer Ministry Coordinator Donna Lind.
As a Light the Way Festival Volunteer, I am committed to doing my best for Jesus and for His glory. As a servant of Jesus Christ and The Light the Way Festival, I commit to treating all other volunteers, festival attendees, coordinators, and staff with respect and love as shown by Jesus Christ. I commit to exhibiting good manners and consideration for the rights, welfare, and safety of others.
We encourage the following standards in Light the Way Volunteers: A strong relationship with Jesus Christ, Faithful church attendance, be a student of the Word of God, be a person of prayer, strive to please God in your life, be fruitful for the Kingdom, strive to be above reproach and not be a stumbling block .
I commit that I have not been convicted of a sex crime in any state, and there are no current allegations against me.
I commit that I will be honest in all my duties as a volunteer for Light the Way. I will not commit theft; I will not share any confidential information given to me in regard to my duties; I will cause no one harm.
Light The Way Ministry Statement of Faith
1. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. [Isaiah 44:6, John 17:3, Ephesians 1:2-3, Matthew 1:20-21, John 8:58, Hebrews 9:14]
2. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God, inerrant in the original writings. [II Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21]
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His visible, personal return in power and glory. [John 1:1, Colossians 2:9, Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Hebrews 4:15, I Peter 2:24, Luke 24:15, 34-39, John 20:14, John 14:3, Revelation 1:7]
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, who came forth to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment and to regenerate, sanctify, seal, and empower for ministry, service and witness all who believe in Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ, and that He is our abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. [John 3:5-8, Titus 3:5, Ephesians 1:13-14, Acts 1:8, John 20:22, I Corinthians 6:19, John 16:13, Romans 12, Ephesians 4]
5. We believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice and therefore are under condemnation and that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit and forgives those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. We believe that every person outside of Christ’s redemption is utterly guilty and corrupt before a Holy God. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. [Genesis 4:7, Joshua 24:15, Romans 3:23, 5:12, 6:23, 8:9 & 14, 10:9-11, John 3:5-8, I John 1:9, I Corinthians 6:19, Galatians 5:16-25]
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and the endless suffering of the wicked. [John 5:24-29]
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, called the body of Christ. [John 17:11, 22, Romans 12:4-5, Galatians 3:28]
8. We believe God created the entire universe ex nihilo “out of nothing” and man from the dust of the earth to be a special creature bearing His image. [Genesis 1:1, Isaiah 40:25-26, Hebrews 1:10, Colossians 1:16]
I have read and agree to the Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics. By signing this document, I agree to the following statement: I certify that I have read this form and agree to abide by all the guidelines. I certify that all the information I have provided is true and accurate. I hereby release Light the Way, its board, staff and sponsors from responsibility and liability for any injury or illness that I may sustain while volunteering. I do for myself hereby release, forever discharge and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Light the Way and its officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and subcontractors, from and against all liability, claims, actions or causes of action, suits or demands for personal injury, bodily injury, sickness or death as well as property damage and expenses, that may arise from my volunteer activities for Light the Way.